Dory Previn - Reflections In A Mud Puddle / Taps Tremors And Time Steps mp3 flac download
|Title:||Reflections In A Mud Puddle / Taps Tremors And Time Steps|
|Date of release:||1971|
|MP3 album size:||1335 mb|
|FLAC album size:||1952 mb|
|Digital formats:||AAC TTA AHX XM RA AA VQF|
Интернет-магазин OZON. Акции, скидки! Покупайте на OZON.
Dory Previn's third United Artists album was surprisingly easy to enjoy, given that all of side two was given over to a song cycle about her psychotic father. Her alliance with producer Nik Venet was still far from stale, and the exemplary, fluid string and horn arrangements gave Previn's songs a fuller, warmer texture. Side two's five-song suite, subtitled "Taps, Tremors and Timpesteps," is a revelation. The heartbreaking realization that her parents' vile behavior has spoiled and soured all Previn's subsequent relationships lives on in the memory. croaking/Has no power to convince.
Reflections in a Mud Puddle - Taps Tremors and Time Steps by Dory Previn. Covered by Alan Cumming.
Artist: Dory Previn Title Of Album: Mythical Kings and Iguanas, Reflections in a Mud Puddle Year Of Release: 1997 Label: BGO Records Genre: Singer Songwriter, Folk-Pop, Folk-Rock Quality: Lossless Bitrate: FLAC (tracks+. Reflections In a Mud Puddle 11. Doppelgänger 12. The New Enzyme Detergent Demise of Ali MacGraw 13. The Talkative WOman and the Two Star General 14. The Altruist and the Needy Case 15. Play it Again, Sam Taps Tremors and Time Steps (One Last Dance to my Father): 16. The Earthquake in Los Angeles 17. The Final Flight of the Hindenburg 18. I Dance and Dance and Smile and Smile 19. The Air Crash in New Jersey 20. Aftershock.
Dory Previn (born Dorothy Veronica Langan; October 22, 1925 – February 14, 2012) was an American lyricist, singer-songwriter and poet. During the late 1950s and 1960s she was a lyricist on songs intended for motion pictures and, with her then husband, André Previn, received several Academy Award nominations In 1972 she released Mary C. Brown and the Hollywood Sign, a thematic album about Hollywood misfits and Mary C. Brown, an actress who kills herself jumping from Hollywood's letter "H", apparently based upon real-life Peg Entwistle.
Dory Previn (born October 22, 1925, Rahway or Woodbridge, New Jersey, USA – died February 14, 2012, Southfield, Massachusetts, USA) was an American lyricist, singer-songwriter and poet. Married to André Previn from 1959 to 1969. Reflections In A Mud Puddle - Taps Tremors And Time Steps (Album). United Artists Records.
Album · 1971 · 10 Songs. 2. The New Enzyme Detergent Demise of Ali. 3:02. We're Children of Coincidence and Harpo Marx.
Reflections in a Mud Puddle was the third solo LP by Dory Previn, released in late 1971 The second side of the original LP was entitled Taps Tremors And T. Dory Previn – main performer, music and lyrics, vocals, and guitar. Steve Douglas – alto, tenor and soprano saxophone, fish horns, a&r contractor. Abe Most – alto and soprano saxophone. John and Tom Bahler, Stan Farber – backing vocals. Louie Shelton – banjo and guitar. Joe Osborn, Carol Kaye, Lyle Ritz – bass. Frank Capp, Paul Humphrey, Earl C Palmer, Ron Tutt – drums. Dennis Budimir, David Cohen, William Keene, Don Peake, Thomas Tedesco – guitar.
Dory Previn, the lyricist for three Oscar-nominated songs who as a composer and performer mined her difficult childhood, bouts of mental illness and a very public divorce to create a potent and influential personal songbook, died on Tuesday at her home in Southfield, Mass. She was 86. Her death was confirmed by her husband, Joby Baker. She never became as widely known as they were (though she did record a live double album at Carnegie Hall), partly because her voice was never as big as theirs, but also because her lyrics - frank and dark, even when tinged with humor, and often wincingly confessional - were not the stuff of pop radio. Her third, Reflections in a Mud Puddle/Taps Tremors and Time Steps (1971), included a pained report of and reflection on her father’s death, and drew praise from the New York Times music critic Don Heckman.
Reflections in a Mud Puddle. Studio album by Dory Previn. Reflections in a Mud Puddle was the third solo LP by Dory Previn, released in late 1971. The second side of the original LP was entitled Taps Tremors And Time Steps (One Last Dance For My Father), and was a continuous suite of songs reflecting on her childhood experiences with a mentally ill father and its impact on her adult relationships. Words and music by Dory Previn, fish horns arranged by Dan Morehouse, and strings and horns arranged by Perry Botkin, J. .Reflections in a Mud Puddle.
Продавец: Интернет-магазин Ozon. Адрес: Россия, Москва, Пресненская набережная, 10. ОГРН: 1027739244741
|Reflections In A Mud Puddle|
|A2||The New Enzyme Detergent Demise Of Ali MacGraw||2:56|
|A3||The Talkative Woman And The Two Star General||4:47|
|A4||The Altruist And The Needy Case||4:49|
|A5||Play It Again, Sam||3:21|
|Taps Tremors And Time Steps (One Last Dance For My Father)||(13:00)|
|B1a||The Earthquake In Los Angeles (February, 1971)|
|B1b||The Final Flight Of The Hindenburg (May, 1937)|
|B1c||I Dance And Dance And Smile And Smile ("After An Initial Deep Split The Tremors Can Go On Indefinitely"; L.A. Times)|
|B1d||The Air Crash In New Jersey|
- Printed By – E.J. Day Group
- Made By – E.J. Day Group
- Manufactured By – Liberty/United Artists Records Ltd.
- Published By – United Artists
- Recorded At – Sunwest Studios
- Mastered At – Artisan Sound Recorders
- Copyright (c) – United Artists Music
- Pressed By – The Gramophone Co. Ltd.
- Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – Abe Most
- Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Horns [Fish] – Steve Douglas
- Arranged By [Fish Horn] – Dan Morehouse
- Arranged By [String & Horns] – Perry Botkin Jr.
- Backing Vocals – John Bahler, Stan Farber, Tom Bahler
- Banjo – Louie Shelton
- Bass – Carol Kaye, Joe Osborne*, Lyle Ritz
- Contractor – Steve Douglas
- Copyist – Roger E. Farris
- Drums – Earl C. Palmer*, Frank Capp, Paul Humphrey, Ron Tutt
- Engineer – Buck Herring
- Guitar – David Cohen, Dennis Budimir, Don Peake, Louie Shelton, Thomas Tedesco*, William Keene
- Painting [Cover Painting] – Robert Harvey
- Photography By, Art Direction – Norman Seeff
- Piano [1st], Organ, Grand Piano [Toy], Keyboards [Ondioline], Piano [Honky-tonk], Harpsichord – Thomas Keene*
- Piano [2nd Honky-tonk] – Perry Botkin Jr.
- Piano [2nd] – Mike Lang
- Producer – Nikolas Venet*
- Saxophone – Gene Cipriano, Ted Nash
- Strings [Violins / Violas / Cellos] – Armond Kaproff*, Gareth D. Nuttycombe*, Gerald Vinci, Harry Bluestone, Israel Baker, Jack Shulman, James Getzoff, Jesse Ehrlich, Joseph DiFiore, Joseph Stepansky, Lou Klass, Murray Adler, Nathan Kaproff, Nathan Ross, Paul C. Shure*, Raymond Kelley Jr.*, Sidney Sharp, William Kurasch
- Trombone – Richard Nash*
- Trombone, Performer [Contra-contra] – Dick Hyde
- Trumpet – Buck Monari, Anthony Terran*
- Trumpet, Flugelhorn – Paul Hubinon
- Words By, Music By – Dory Previn
NotesLaminated gatefold cover.
Recorded at Sun-West Studios, Hollywood, California.
Mastering at Artisan Studios.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout stamped): UAG 29346 A-1 G P
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout stamped): UAG 29346 B-1 G L
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): UAG 29346A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): UAG 29346B
|UAS-5536||Dory Previn||Reflections In A Mud Puddle - Taps Tremors And Time Steps (LP, Album, Gat)||United Artists Records||UAS-5536||US||1971|
|UAS-5536||Dory Previn||Reflections In A Mud Puddle - Taps Tremors And Time Steps (LP)||United Artists Records||UAS-5536||US||1971|
|L 35916||Dory Previn||Reflections In A Mud Puddle - Taps Tremors And Time Steps (LP, RE, Gat)||United Artists Records||L 35916||Australia||1976|
|UAS-5536||Dory Previn||Reflections In A Mud Puddle - Taps Tremors And Time Steps (LP)||United Artists Records||UAS-5536||Canada||1971|
|UAG 29346||Dory Previn||Reflections In A Mud Puddle / Taps Tremors And Time Steps (LP, Album, Gat)||United Artists Records||UAG 29346||Italy||Unknown|